A huge number of exciting video games are scheduled to be released in 2022, especially since the past year has been full of delays for long-awaited games. Studio’s e-commerce experts analyzed Google data to decipher which games people are searching for the most.
The studio has divided the titles into completely new games that will be released in 2022, and games that are re-released this year. They have ranked their results according to global search results and UK-specific results.
- Elden Ring – 939,000 Google searches
- God Of War: Ragnarok – 768,000 Google searches
- Dyling Light 2 – 563,000 Google searches
- Horizon: Forbidden West – 524,000 Google searches.
- Starfield – 282,000 Google searches
- Gran Turismo 7 – 270,000 Google searches
- Diablo Immortal – 246,000 Google searches.
- WWE 2K22 – 212,000 Google searches
- Gotham Knights – 208,000 Google searches
- Splatoon 3 – 164,000 Google searches
Elden Ring has been found to be the most anticipated game, with search data from 2021 and January 2022 proving it to be the most played game both in the UK and globally.
Mobile gaming wasn’t as expected – console and PC games dominated across the board.
God of War: Ragnarok is the most anticipated PlayStation exclusive with over 76,000 searches.
Starfield is Microsoft’s most anticipated exclusive game, with over 28,000 searches.
Splatoon 3 is Nintendo’s most highly anticipated exclusive game yet
Cyberpunk 2077 is still the most popular game on Google among all re-releases coming out in 2022.
In the UK, Pokemon Legends of Arceus was the only Nintendo release more popular than Bayonetta 3.