At the end of last year, it became known that Kojima Productions, led by Hideo Kojima, began developing two extremely ambitious games of different sizes at once. It is already known that the first project will be a large-scale game, but the second should be innovative. The famous game designer spoke with the hosts from J-Wave Radio about the second project, revealing the first details.
Highlights from an interview with Hideo Kojima about his new game:
- Mysterious project may be ahead of time and modern formats
- When users see the game, most likely they will say “What the hell is this?”
- Kojima leans his project closer to the indie game format
- The team wants to create something completely new that no one has done before
- The game will amaze with its concept, mechanics and game features, and not with the scale and graphics
According to Hideo Kojima, the idea with such an “unusual” project originated with him five years ago. It is difficult for a game designer to describe the game right now, so he advises to wait for full-fledged announcements, where you can see the embodiment of his idea.