studio developers Santa Monica Studios and jetpack interactive reported about the release of the update 1.0.5 for PC version God of War. The patch fixes several bugs and adds new features such as mouse precision mode and the ability to minimize on loss of focus in borderless full screen mode. The update weight is 4.8 MB.
- In-game glyphs will now properly match the controller type selected in Steam.
- Setting the DLSS Sharpening slider to 0 now correctly disables DLSS Sharpening.
- Interaction between the game and the taskbar will now work correctly in borderless full screen mode.
- The sound in the game should now be muted when the app is in the background.
- TAA no longer causes blur when render scale is below 100%.
- Borderless full screen mode no longer affects visibility in the task switcher (Alt+Tab).
- The correct UI elements will now be displayed if the action is bound to the mouse wheel.
- HDR brightness will no longer be affected by SDR brightness settings.
- Ability to minimize on loss of focus in borderless full screen mode
- Error message if the game cannot open or write a save file
- Mouse precision mode. This new mode works by ignoring the standard mouse-to-camera conversion implementation. Additional sensitivity fine-tuning can be done by changing the values in the settings.ini file in the game’s installation folder. This mode should NOT be used with Aim Assist.
The developers also noted that they have identified the root cause leading to AMD’s performance issues and are now investigating solutions for this issue.