The seamless co-op mod for Elden Ring developed by LukeYui has received a new video and release information. The modder has revealed that the public beta will be available starting Friday, May 27th via Nexus Mods.
LukeYui has also posted a detailed Q&A of his mod.
- Can a mod ban me? No, the mod does not connect to matchmaking servers or use FromSoftware’s online services, and therefore you cannot be banned for using it.
- What is a player limit? The maximum number of players in a group is 4 (1 host + 3 guest players). Increasing the player limit beyond this is outside the scope of this project.
- Are there any intrusions? No, there are no intrusions. You can PvP with your party members if you like using an item to switch friendly fire mode.
- How do items work? Items are unique to each player. For example, if the boss drops a talisman loot, everyone will get it. The same applies to items found in the world and enemy drops.
- How do grace sites/bonfires work? If one player sits in a place of grace anywhere in the world, an enemy/world reset will occur for each player. If the player is fighting a closed world boss during this time, it will be placed back behind the fog wall and the fight will reset.
- Is progress shared? Yes, progress is shared. But this only applies to actions you take while in the player’s world – for example, if you create a new character and join the player to kill a boss at the end of the game, only that boss will be dead in your world and you won’t inherit all the progress another player he had before you joined.
- How does it work with anti-cheat? The mod uses a separate launcher that launches the game without launching Easy Anti-Cheat.
- Can I use other mods? Yes, however, in order to edit/modify a file, everyone in the group must have it active for it to be visible. (for example, if only 1 player is using the randomizer, it will only work for that player).