After Dying Light and its sequel, Techland is hiring new staff to bolster the studio’s team, especially for the upcoming unannounced AAA title set in an open-world RPG fantasy world.
Despite the release of Dying Light 2 this year and heavy production last year, Techland continues to work on a new upcoming game.
“We are very pleased with what we have achieved with the Dying Light franchise. Also, our journey with Dying Light 2 Stay Human is only just beginning as we plan to support this game for at least 5 years, with its scope and size, if not more than what we provide to our community during post-game support. to his predecessor. At the same time, we strive to introduce new intellectual property that is very different from what we have done in recent years. We want to create a completely modern experience. A new fantasy epic set in a massive open world, fueled by the skills and experience we as a team have gained over the years, filled with new ideas, passion and creativity. While we can’t share more details about this project, we’ve really invested in it and look forward to showing it to players when the time is right,” said Pavel Marchevka, CEO of Techland.
All positions for Techland’s unannounced AAA action-RPG can be found on the official website.
The team responsible for Techland’s new intellectual property includes well-known names such as:
- Karolina Stakhira is the Narrative Director who has worked on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and their DLC.
- Arkadiusz Borovik is a Story Lead who worked on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and their DLC.
In recent months, the team has replenished:
- Bartosz Ohman – Open World Director, previously working on Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt;
- Mario Maltezos is an experienced Creative Director with a background in Ubisoft (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time), Warner Bros. (Mad Max) and Microsoft;
- David McClure – Lead Game Designer, who has worked at Arkane Studios (Deathloop), Deep Silver and Playground Games;
- Kevin Quaid is an Animation Lead with over 8 years of experience at Guerrila Games, having worked on games such as Horizon Zero Dawn and The Frozen Wilds expansion;
- Marcin Suros is a Lead UI/UX Designer with an incredible ability to understand what gamers really need. He previously worked for People Can Fly.