Hinterland Games has released The Long Dark 2.00 update which includes quite a long list of fixes. There are general gameplay fixes, UI improvements, and more.
This quality of life update includes a major update to the Unity Engine to version 2019.4.19f1. The Unity update affects all systems in the game and requires testing of the entire game. Despite the team’s best efforts, it’s possible that such a major core technology update could have unintended consequences.
Please note that this update may affect any mods you have installed or created.
The list of changes is simply huge and you can see all the changes by clicking on this linkand below is only a part of
- Fixed an issue resulting in excessive Z-Fighting (flickering) on numerous objects and environments when playing on Linux.
- Optimized save data to reduce the overall size of save files.
- Fixed an issue that could cause stuttering or freezing when lighting a campfire or torch.
- Added measures to prevent players from falling through objects when they wake up from sleep.
- We fixed an issue that caused the text in the Main Menu to be displayed at a lower resolution than expected.
- We fixed an issue where subtitles and closed captions were no longer displayed when the off-screen audio level was set to 0.
- Fixed an issue that caused some locations to appear as recently discovered even though they had already been discovered.
- Fixed an issue that caused carcasses to decompose faster than intended.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being able to craft more bullets than their current supply of gunpowder allowed.
- Fixed a lot of places where bushes and grass would cut through the environment or other objects.
- Fixed a number of floating objects found around the world.
- Blackrock Region: Fixed incorrect water trigger so that players will no longer drown before reaching the water below the entrance to the power plant.
- Fixed a lot of floating or misplaced items.
The Long Dark is currently available on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
The Long Dark is a crafted survival and exploration game where players will have to make their own decisions as they navigate a vast, cold wilderness that has survived a geomagnetic disaster. There are no zombies in it – just you, the cold and what Mother Nature has prepared for you.